First, let’s see what you came here for and if you’re interested in my ramblings they are marked with italics at each step.
WARNING: Do this at your own risk, you may damage your pen in the process.
The tools you will need:
- White Oil Pastel (this is going to be the new paint filling)
- Microfiber cloth (to clean off the pen)
- Sewing needle (to remove the original paint filling from the engraving)
- Paint brush (to clean the original paint filling as you are removing it from the engraving)
- Jeweler’s Loupe (to actually see what you are doing – I used a Schweizer Tech-Line x10)
- Optional: Macro photo camera (to have an even better look and to record your progress)
The too long; didn’t read version is:
- Step 1: Identify the problem
- Step 2: Remove the old filling
- Step 3: Apply new filling
- Step 4: Profit?